Range: 4 NM at 0.74T
Ideal for: temporary wreck marking.
The FA-249 Emergency Wreck Marking Light is a blue/yellow flashing marine signal lantern designed in accordance with IALA recommendation 0-133. Adapted from the original FA-249 marine lantern due to its widespread use and excellent reputation as a buoy lantern, this state of the art LED system is constructed to withstand the mechanical stresses of service on buoys and includes a number of features designed to endure harsh marine elements while maintaining structural integrity and reducing the need for maintenance.
- Proven lantern design with the flexibility to use the same housing and lens system for both LED and lamp changer systems, and ability to retrofit LEDs into existing installations
- A three-piece lens mounting system engineered to eliminate lantern failures from cracked or broken components at the lantern hinge point
- Silicone rubber gasket for air-tight seal
- Fittings in base for electrical connection
- Fitted with the 2 AM-8 Flashers with 2x6 STABRITE LED array in blue/yellow configuration
- Extremely high flux, compact blue/yellow LEDs mounted on a heavy-duty heat sink
- Secondary environmental enclosure independent of the lantern housing to assure that moisture does not reduce the life of the LED
- Heavy-duty heat sink maximizes the life of the LED array by keeping the maximum temperature of the array to less than 50°C
- LED array/diffuser system approximates a marine signal lamp located at the focal point of the lens to maximize the output of the lantern in the horizontal plane with a horizontal uniformity of ±15% and wide vertical divergence
- Large space in base of lantern available to house remote monitoring radios, Uniflash®-III GPS synchronizing system, ATONIS (AIS Monitoring), etc.
- Character: BI 1.0 + 0.5S + YI 1.0 + 0.5 = 3.0 sec
View: Data Sheet