Range: 3 - 10 NM at 0.74T
Ideal for: buoys, docks, piers, jetties, marinas.
The FA-249 Marine Lantern is a rugged, compact and lightweight signal lantern constructed to withstand the mechanical stresses of service on buoys; it includes a number of features designed to endure harsh marine elements while maintaining structural integrity and reducing the need for maintenance. Available in white, red, green and amber.
- A 3‐piece lens mounting system engineered to eliminate lantern failures from cracked or broken components at the lantern hinge point
- Candlepower output of the acrylic lens exceeds that of larger conventional pressed glass lenses because acrylic has a higher color transmission factor and better optical characteristics
- Fittings in base for electrical connection
- 2 options for a tool‐less entry system: Stainless steel thumb screws, Stainless steel latches (The SS latch can be secured with a padlock to deter vandals)
- Silicone rubber gasket for air‐tight seal
- Candelabra, pre‐focused, marine signal lamps mounted on a rotating mechanism (Flash changer) that automatically brings the next lamp into precise focal position when the operating lamp fails.
- External photocell, which limits lantern operation to hours of darkness only
- Cat optic insert designed to catch light lost in top of lantern and redirect it to horizontal plane, increasing horizontal candlepower by 5%
- TR-3 Power Supply with 120/240 VAC Input and 3 amp 12 Volt flashed output
- Uniflash® Series wireless synchronization system
- UHF/VHF radio for monitoring status of buoy lighting system or radio receiver for self-test actuation
- Battery Charger and Small standby battery
- Step-down transformer for AC/DC lamp changer in fixed burning applications
View: Data Sheet | Certificates