Range: 3-15 NM at 0.74T
Ideal for: offshore oil & gas drilling and production platforms; terminals, refineries.
The FA-250 Class 1 Div 2 LED Marine Lantern features a highly efficient optic, designed to meet the requirements of offshore oil platforms for 3, 5, 10 or 15 NM applications.
- USCG and FM Approved Certifications
- Selectable Power Level Settings
- Multiple Pre-programmed Flash Rhythms plus 1 for User Programming
- Linear arrays of very high flux LED's individually mounted in a parabolic reflectors
- LED’s mounted on specially designed patented heat sinks to keep the temperature of the LED below 50°C to assure the design life of 60,000 hours
- Controller provides flash control, current limiting to the LED, photocell input and synchronization terminal
- Approved by the U. S. Coast Guard for Gulf of Mexico use on Class A structures in the 8th Coast Guard District at 4 watts at Quick Flash. Lantern has 10 NM range at Morse code “U” at minimum of 20 watts.
Variations of Lantern:
- FA-250 3 mile: 4.0 Watt LED Array providing Flashing 3-mile Morse U Red Light. Average Power 1.0 watts.
- FA-250 5 mile: 4.0 Watt LED Array providing Flashing 5-mile Quick Flash. Average power 1.0 watts.
- FA-250 10 mile: 20 Watt LED Array providing Flashing 10-mile Morse U White Light. Average Power 3.33 watts.
- FA-250 15 mile: 300 Watt LED Array providing Flashing 15-mile Morse U White Light. Average power 50 watts.
3 and 5 NM
NI/I/2/ABCD/T4A Ta <+48.5°C/T4 Ta <+63.5°C
NI/I/2/IIC/T4 Ta < +48.5°C/ T4 Ta <+63.5°C
NI/I/2/ABCD/T5 Ta <+49°C/T4A Ta <+68°C
NI/I/2/IIC/T5 Ta < +49°C/ T4 Ta <+68°C
NI/I/2/ABCD/T5 Ta <+43°C/T4A Ta <+63°C
NI/I/2/IIC/T5 Ta < +43°C/ T4 Ta <+63°C
View: Data Sheet | Certificates