The PMAPI molded fiberglass buoys incorporate superior design and construction characteristics which provide stable, long-life marking of channels, bays, rivers, and lakes. Offshore versions are also available.
- Smooth outside 8 mil Gel-Coat red, white, green or yellow film prevents fiberglass from weathering to the surface and insures resistance to color fading; it also provides good adhesive surfaces for retroflective markings
- Polyurethane closed-cellular foam completely fills the buoy
- Counterweight is made of cast iron and has a flat bottom to provide a stand for the buoy during storage - the finned design proves stability in wind and current; angle of heel is less than 10° in a 20 mph wind
- Counterweight assembly is rigidly attached to a 3/16” steel plate which is bolted to the molded bottom of the buoy; this spreads normal stress throughout the hull which virtually eliminates the possibility of the counterweight breaking off the buoy body
- Both lighted and unlighted buoys are available
- Colors and markings suitable for all systems of buoyage can be supplied.
View: Data Sheet